When my older children were toddlers (back in the Twentieth Century), I fed them Gorilla Bars. They LOVED Gorilla Bars. Gorilla Bars are granola bars with an adorable toddler pronunciation. And they have stayed ‘Gorilla Bars’ in our family ever since.
Babystar loves penne pasta. And snakes. And once when she was particularly cranky at dinner, the Teenager distracted her by having her penne pasta hiss like a snake. And now they are Pasta Snakes. Probably forever.
Do you have any unusual names for foods in your family? Mispronunciations that stuck around long past Toddlerhood?
Below is the food we purchased in August SPECIFICALLY for Babystar. So far, I’ve been listing the foods that I bought with Babystar in mind. Although she does share with the rest of the family. And we share with her. She still isn’t eating more than a few bites of my portions. I will have to adjust this food calculating method eventually, but it seems to be working for now.
- Turkey pepperoni $2.19, $2.19
- Penguin crackers $1.59, $1.59, $1.59
- Bananas $0.89, $1.23, $0.95
- Strawberries $1.29, $1.29, $2.99, $3.39
- Blueberries $1.99, $2.99
- Apples $3.99, $3.99
- Pears $3.99
- Fruit roll-ups $1.49
- Honest grape juice for popsicles $3.99
- Aldi organic cheese puffs $1.99, $1.99
- Frozen pizza $2.69, $2.69, $2.69, $2.69, $2.69, $2.69
- Ice cream minis $1.39 x16 (She had HFM disease this month.)
- Baskin-Robbins $2.59
- Friday’s kids meal $4.99
- Pizza slice $3.00, $3.00
- Peter Chang’s spring rolls and fried rice $3.50, $3.50
- French fries at the airport $3.50
- McDonald’s Happy Meal $2.99, $2.99
- Chick-fil-A kid’s meal $3.29, $3.29, $3.29
- Insomnia m&m cookie $1.70
- Dairy Godmother snickerdoodle cookie $0.95
Also every month.
- Laundry detergent $8.47
- Storage unit $127
- Diapers $4.99, $4.99, $4.99, $4.99, $20.89, $14.24 (I have basically abandoned the cloth again. Bad mama.)
- Wipes $7.99, $4.99
RAISING BABYSTAR: $20,963.61
WHAT IS YOUR WEIRDEST ‘FAMILY WORD’, THAT EVERYONE IN YOUR HOUSE UNDERSTANDS, BUT WOULD CONFUSE THE HECK OUT OF OUTSIDERS?