So Babystar got a pony.
An $8.99 pony from Aldi and she couldn’t be happier!
I heard from a reliable source that there is a Hobbyhorse Revolution happening on the Continent. Babystar is so on trend.
Babystar’s hobby horse has already been on a few adventures, including a trip to
Sweden Ikea. No one there batted an eye. Ikea is so big they probably thought she was playing with some new merchandise: the PÖWNEE.
It’s very difficult to get pictures of her on this trusty steed. They are all so blurry.
Girlfriend canters quickly.
RAISING BABYSTAR; $24,306.63
I dread these necessary-for-accuracy-but-totally-boring food posts.
The following is a list of food purchased specifically for the ToddlerMonster in June. She does eat OTHER food. In fact, the following is mostly a list of foods offered to and refused by the ToddlerMonster. (Except the fish. We don’t buy extra steak or chicken for her but we buy extra fish because she eats so much fish.)
- penguin crackers $1.49, $1.49, $1.49
- frozen pizza $2.29, $3.79
- frozen french fries $1.89
- blueberries $1.79, $1.79, $4.99, $3.99, $3.79
- string cheese $1.79, $1.79
- strawberries $1.29, $1.29 (Aldi price!!)
- freeze dried strawberries $1.29
- freeze dried bananas $1.29
- oatmeal cereal bar cookies $1.49, $1.49
- organic rainbow baby carrots $1.69
- animal cookies $1.29
- pineapple bits $0.89
- m&m’s $1
- peaches $2.98
- melon slices $2.99
- bananas $1.74, $1.48, $0.87
- apples $3.99, $4.99
- Trader Joe’s mac & cheese $2.99, $2.99, $2.99
- Trader Joe’s apple bars $1.99, $1.99
- Trader Joe’s blueberry bars $1.99
- Trader Joe’s strawberry bars $1.99
- SO MANY POPSICLES $4.69, $469, $4.69, $4.69
- eggs $4.99
- salmon $8
- sea bass $6
- Caesar salad $4.99
- Kid’s pasta at Busboys and Poets $6
- side of fries at Busboys and Poets $5
- Angelico Pizzeria cheese slice $3, $3, $3
- Chik-fil-A kids meal $3.39, $3.75, $3.39
- Kid’s chicken and fries at Boardwalk Fries $4.99
- french fries at Five Guys $4.19
- kids meal at McDonalds $2.99, $2.99
- spring rolls at T.H.A.I. $5.99
- spring rolls and fried rice at Peter Changs $2.50
- Robek’s smoothie $4.99, $4.99, $4.99
- kleenex in a Moana box $1.99*
Not on the list because it is free: mama’s milk.
I have no idea what is up with this new nursing all day, erry day thing that she has going on now. Maybe she’s trying to kick it retro?
Babystar was basically day-weaned, and then the two year molars showed up and everything changed. She wants milk ALL OF THE TIME. I was using the ‘don’t ask, don’t offer’ method of gentle weaning, but apparently just my existence in the world is a reminder that I have milk. And that she wants the milk nownownow.
MAYDAY MAYDAY: To those of you out there that successfully weaned a toddler with little to no tears, HOW did you do it? I have exactly zero ideas. I have googled. I have asked friends. I have googled some more. I have asked the doctor. I got nothing. Please help.
RAISING BABYSTAR: $18,852.64
*Yes, I know that this isn’t food but it was purchased at the grocery store and once she saw it, she HAD TO HAVE IT, and we didn’t feel like fighting that particular battle. Kleenex is at least useful. It could have been, like, Moana paper plates or something else that we really don’t use at home.