I love Sally Field. I want to be Sally Field. I kind of am Sally Field. I was once a rebellious Norma Rae and I’m starting to feel like M’Lynn and I ALREADY KNOW I’ll kick it like (My Name is) Doris one day. But today I’m accepting an award and I’m so excited that YOU LIKE ME!!
The super cool chica over at The Non-Adventures of a SAHM just gave me a Liebster Award. Definitely go check her out if you like funny mums and honest product reviews.
At first I was all like, yay, lobster! Then I realized it’s even better. That’s right, y’all. BETTER THAN LOBSTER. Because a Liebster Award is like a ‘hey girl, i’m reading your blog’ to a blogger, from a blogger. So THANK YOU SO MUCH for the shout out!
So for those who don’t know about the Liebster Award (2016), allow me to explain.
- Thank the person who nominated you, and post a link to their blog on your blog. Try to include a little promotion for the person who nominated you.
- Display the award on your blog — by including it in your post and/or displaying it using a “widget” or a “gadget”.
- Provide 10 random facts about yourself.
- Nominate five blogs that you feel deserve the award, who have less than 200 followers. (Note that you can always ask the blog owner this since not all blogs display a widget that lets the readers know this information!)
- List these rules in your post. Once you have written and published it, you then have to inform the people/blogs that you nominated that they have been nominated for the Liebster award and provide a link for them to your post or mine if you don’t have all the information so that they can learn about it (they might not have ever heard of it)!
Ten Random Facts About Me. Ok.
- I hate the oxford comma.
- I make homemade beignets every Fat Tuesday.
- I love awards shows and ‘live tweet’ them with far away friends.
- I didn’t learn to ride a bike until age 12.
- I rock pigtail braids all the time because I rarely wash my hair.
- I attended Super Bowl XXXIX and The 86th Academy Awards.
- A bear once ate my cell phone.
- I once had dinner with 2/9 of Arcade Fire (are there nine??).
- I tell people my favorite band is Rilo Kiley but it’s really Violent Femmes.
- My favorite SNL character is Penelope.
Five Smallish Blogs that you Should Immediately Check Out. Ok.
- The Super Average Mom – Figuring out mom-life one day at a time. This is a relatively new blog but she is already a great writer. I really liked her post about NOT sharing. Plus she has a really pretty layout and I want her to thrive so go follow her. Cool? Cool.
- SAHM Cloth Mom – Adventures in being a sahm to a toddler! If you use cloth diapers or are just interested in cloth diapers, check her out. She takes the PRETTIEST cloth diaper pictures and her posts are stuffed full of really good information.
- DC Thrifty Mom – Free, Cheap & Discount Happenings in the DC Area. WordPress says she has only 133 followers. I kind of think that must be a misprint. I LOVE this blog. I look forward to her posts popping up in my mailbox. If you have kids and are in DC, Northern Virginia, or Southern Maryland, check her out. So worth your time.
- Front Porch Bliss – A hunting family sharing adventures in homemaking, parenthood, chicken keeping, and life on the Colorado High Plains. She takes the prettiest pictures! I will admit that I sort of overlook the hunting posts just to read about her chickens and life in the semi-wild. Her recipes look delicious (someday I will try to make one), her children’s crafts are cute and pinnable, and her chickens are CHICKENS. Maybe it’s the city girl in me looking at the green grass over there, but I just adore this blog.
- The Glorious Mom Blog. This is my favorite new discovery. Her posts are funny and relatable and informative. She just posted about baby items that should not exist and she is SPOT ON. Definitely check her out!!
RAISING BABYSTAR: $12,470.39
One thought on “Award Season!”
Thanks so much for the review! I’m cracking up over here. Green grass is one thing we do not have! I actually envy nice city lawns. We have lots of prairie grass and weeds though to make up for it…just not ideal for toddler walks. 😉
LikeLiked by 2 people