Someone please suggest a better system for keeping track of Babystar’s food. Right now, I’m keeping a list of food that I buy SPECIFICALLY for Babystar. Although we do sometimes share. And we share a lot of our food with her. But I am not counting that, because I was going to buy that bag of veggies from Trader Joe’s anyway. I would have just eaten that extra tablespoon of peas and cauliflower or whatever if she didn’t eat it. You know what I mean? Ok.
Oh, and this is for the beginning of August except for the parts in California and then all of September. I kind of forgot at the end of August. Plus who wants to read this boring blog post anyway? I just have to include it because I AM ADDICTED TO ACCURACY. Ugh, so annoying.
- Nectarines $6.98
- String cheese $6.47
- Mozzarella toast (at our fave local pizza place) $4.99 x 2
- 3 cans of diced tomatoes $2.97
- 3 zucchinis $3.00
- 1 sweet onion $1.50
- 1 orange pepper $1.50
- 2 boxes ditalini pasta $5.58
- 5 packs of Gerber veggie melts $14.95 (yikes!)
- 5 packs of organic free-range hippie eggs $19.95
- Gerber veggie puffs AKA Babystar’s Cheetos $2.99
- box of Trader Joe’s version of cheerios $2.39
- 3 boxes chia seed waffles $8.97
- strawberries $9.00
- peaches $4.78
- plain vanilla yogurt (for making popsicles) $2.79
- so many bananas $8.00
- Spinach artichoke dip $7.99
- Fancy crackers $5.99
Those last two seem a bit odd, yeah? Babystar often goes to Costco with her dad on the weekends. (She likes any stores that doubles as a buffet. Same, Babystar, same.) APPARENTLY, she went crazy for the spinach artichoke dip at on of the sample stations and loudly insisted that they go back for more whenever she ran out. Of course, Husband was a wonderful Dada (and decent human being since she ate so much of it) and bought a container to bring home. He even bought the crackers they were selling to go with it since she loved them too. She didn’t eat a single bite at home. It was yummy. We all enjoyed it. But it goes on her tab because we bought it FOR HER.
RAISING BABYSTAR: $12,296.35